Student traveling on less than 90 days courses can apply for this category
Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy of Spain minimum processing time is 15 working days (It may delay depending on case to case). Therefore applicants are kindly requested to submit visa application well in advance. Otherwise the Embassy does not guarantee that the visa will be issued in time.
- Except territorial-limited visas, Schengen visas are valid for the following countries: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Polonia, Portugal, Czech Republic, Sweden and Liechtenstein.
- Visa applications are to be lodged personally.
- The Member State competent for examining and deciding upon a uniform visa application shall be: (a) the Member State whose territory constitutes the sole destination of the visit(s); (b) if traveling to more than one Member State, then the Member State intended as the main destination, that is, the one where the main purpose of the intended stay is to be carried out. If the main purpose can not be established then the Member State in which territory the applicant intends to stay the longest; c) when no main destination can be established according to these rules, the Member State whose border the applicant intends to cross first.
- Visa applications must be submitted within 3 months prior to the intended journey, except for holders of a multi-entry visa with a minimum validity of 6 months, who can do it at any time before its expiration. In all cases applications are to be submitted at least 15 days in advance of the intended journey.
- Applications will not be admitted to processing in the following cases:
- Failure to comply with the 3-month term
- Application form different from the official one of the Embassy of Spain,
- Passport or travel document not valid at least up to 3 months after your departure.
- Photograph which does not meet established conditions.
- Non-payment of visa fee –except for cases of exemption.
- Visa fee (except for cases of exemption) must be paid once application has been admitted to processing. It will only be reimbursed if the application is later considered not admittable or when the Embassy is not competent for processing your application.
- Applicants have the RIGHT TO SUBMIT ANY OTHER DOCUMENT that you consider relevant in support of your application.The Embassy may request the submission of any other additional document deemed necessary or your presence for a personal interview.
- Visa dossiers must include original documents –which will be returned to the visa applicants once the procedure is finished - and a good-quality copy of each document.The documents must be presented in order, following the document checklist for each kind of visa. If it is impossible to include original documents in the dossier, these can be replaced by their certified true copies, duly legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam. As an exception, documents directly addressed to the Embassy or its officers will not be returned, so copies are not required –eg: letters of recommendation or in support of the application when addressed to the Embassy rather than to the applicant, etc. Should you fail to submit a copy of any of the originals you will be deemed relinquishing your right to be returned its original to the Embassy. Documents in languages other than Spanish or English need to be translated into either Spanish or English. Groups of applicants applying together must submit one copy of every shared document per application.
Dear Applicants, please view the revised visa fee and service charges applicable:
||Visa Fees in Euro + Vietnam Dong (VND)
|SHORT – STAY (LESS THAN 90 DAYS)
||25000 VND with HCMC & Hanoi locally.
||50000 VND for 52 provinces in Vietnam
||2000 VND per page
||6000 VND (4 copies)
||An automated message to the applicant's mobile phone at various stages of the visa application process
||6000 VND per application
The above mentioned Visa Fees are to be paid only in cash.
Note: Exemption of Visa Fee for a child is applicable only in the case of Short Term category, if the child's age is less than 6 years at the date of submission.
The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice'
BLS International Service charge
There is a service charge of VND 413000 (inclusive of VAT) applicable per application over and above the Visa Fees for all applications.
- The applicable Visa Fee in Vietnamese dong is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The fee is non-refundable
A visa enables aliens, subject to visa requirements, to present themselves at the external border of the country which issued the visa or that of another Schengen country and request, depending on the type of visa, to be allowed to enter the country. Mere possession of a visa does not entitle automatic right of entry. The holders of visa are requested to present proof that they fulfill the entry conditions, as provided for in Art.5 of the Schengen Borders Code.
- An application form duly and fully completed in capital letters on all items. Forms that are not fully completed will not be accepted. Case of minors and persons with disabilities, their parents or their legal representative must sign the application.
- Passport should be valid for more than 6 months. Passport: valid for at least three months before the intended date of departure from the territory Schengen last trip. Passport must have at least two empty pages and was issued within the past 10 years. A copy of an A4 original passport all pages.if the old passport must submit the original and submit one A4 copy of the passport.
- Curriculum Vitae of applicant according to form provided by the Embassy (EXCEPT FOR DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT AND UNDER 16 PASSPORT HOLDER)
- 1 color photograph with white background (not more than 6 months old).
- Travel insurance: (does not apply to diplomatic passports and official passports): insurance must be valid for at least 30,000 Euro and value all Schengen member states. Period of insurance must include the entire duration of their stay in territory Schengen, from the date of entering the Member States is the first destination of the journey until the next exit to a 3rd country not under the territorial ground Schengen. For example: left Vietnam on 11-10-10, to Frankfurt next day and flight from Frankfurt-Bangkok-Hanoi day 20-10-10: insurance must be valid for at least 11-10 -10 to 20-10-10. The visa several times just to buy insurance for the first trip. Insurance to cover medical expenses, emergency, emergency hospitalization costs, and the cost of repatriation for medical reasons or death during the stay in the Schengen territory
- A round trip ticket to and from Spain or Schengen States. Please bear in mind Spain must be the main destination. You do not need to buy the ticket to apply for the visa: a reservation is accepted. However, you will be requested to submit the actual ticket before the visa is actually issued, in case the visa is approved. If the trip includes several destinations, proof of transport must also be submitte
- Documents stating the purpose and schedule of the journey;
- Private trip / Tourism: tour program, if travelling with a group, and/or hotel reservation and proof of transport between different cities / countries.
- Visit to family / friends: Letter of invitation if the applicant will stay with relative(s) or friend(s). The invitation must state the relationship between the applicant and the host, as well as the address where the applicant will be hosted. Please enclose copy of passport or ID of the host. The host must request an official letter of invitation at the Police station in Spain, following the Spanish Ministerial Order PRE/1283/2007, its submission does not mean the visa will be automatically issued; the rest of the requirements must also be met by the applicant.
- Documents attesting the applicant’s own sufficient economic means as follow:
Proof of social and economic constraints in Vietnam (not applied to diplomatic and official passport holders)
- If the Visa applicants are enterprises, should submit notarized and legalized copy of business license (except for State companies) and demonstrate to be the company’s shareholder and certification of tax fulfillment in 1 year earlier. If applicants are employees, should submit number of Social Insurance Book or Medical Insurance Code and besides that, should submit the labor contract, additional payrolls within 3 months, and vacation’s authorization. If applicants are students, should submit student’s confirmation of school.
- Bank Reconciliation of the company and of personal applicant within 3 months, savings book, … (if any)
- Marriage certificate and birth certificate of applicant’s children, household book … (if any)
- In addition, real estate ownership certificate can be also lodged (if any)
- Proof of personal payment possibility during stay in the Schengen territory (not applied to diplomatic and official passport holders). It is required to indicate clearly in the letter if invitation if the inviting part will pay partly or for the whole trip (see article 7). The opposite cases will be understood that the applicants themselves will bear all expenses, then the applicants should demonstrate minimum amount of 567,97 euro in their account if length of stay is under 9 days and plus 63,33 euro/a day from day 10. It is possible to submit personal bank account statements within 3 months, checks to ensure, traveler checks, letter of payment confirmation and credit card including the account balance and current saving book (required primary account holder). Bank’s certification and bank account statements are not accepted to be provided by Internet.
- Children under 18 traveling without parent(s) or tutors must produce a valid authorization and birth certificate must be notarized and legalized both original and translation. There must be notarized and legalized copy parent(s)’s ID or passport.
- Non Vietnamese citizen residing in Vietnam must present proof of a long stay visa, work permit and re-entry visa. Only legal residents in Vietnam can request a Schengen visa at the Embassy of Spain in Hanoi
- The applicant has the right to file any papers other support is needed for the visa application. Spanish embassy may request additional documents if necessary, as well as direct interview request.
- Records should be sequenced, submit the original (will be returned at the end of the screening process) together with a copy after the original. copy should clearly and include all the white pages (such as a passport).however, the papers sent addressed to the embassy or the embassy departments (such as letters of recommendation sent to the embassy and not send invitees) shall not be returned to the original and do not need to pay together with a copy. Original papers do not submit a copy means that the applicant is not required to be paid back and the embassy to keep the original. Vietnamese language papers must be submitted together with a translation in English or Spanish, to the original copy Vietnamese papers. Documents: birth certificate, marriage certificate ...Consul to be notarized the original and legalized at the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam. Those who travel in groups must submit a copy of the papers together for each visa application.
- Presenting all the above-mentioned documents does not imply or guarantee that the visa will be granted, but that these documents are part of the requirements established by the Spanish legislation on Immigration matters. The final decision lies with the Spanish Consular authorities.
- The visa is an instrument of the immigration policy of the State; therefore, obtaining a visa is not a right.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre..
Visa applications take up to 15 days to process.
Some applications may require further processing, which could take from 30-60 days.
Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Visa Officer may invite you for an interview or request further documentation or information, which can prolong the processing time.
CV Form for Single
CV Form for Group
Visa Application Form (English Language)
Visa Application Form (Spanish Language)
To download the Forms:
Click on the form link;
When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
Select Save Target As from the list
Save the form on your computer.
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.