Tourism / Family visa is granted for those where the intention is to visit Spain for tourism and sightseeing
Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy of Spain minimum processing time is 15 working days (It may delay depending on case to case). Therefore applicants are kindly requested to submit visa application well in advance. Otherwise the Embassy does not guarantee that the visa will be issued in time.
- Except territorial-limited visas, Schengen visas are valid for the following countries: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Polonia, Portugal, Czech Republic, Sweden and Liechtenstein.
- Visa applications are to be lodged personally.
- The Member State competent for examining and deciding upon a uniform visa application shall be: (a) the Member State whose territory constitutes the sole destination of the visit(s); (b) if traveling to more than one Member State, then the Member State intended as the main destination, that is, the one where the main purpose of the intended stay is to be carried out. If the main purpose can not be established then the Member State in which territory the applicant intends to stay the longest; c) when no main destination can be established according to these rules, the Member State whose border the applicant intends to cross first.
- Visa applications must be submitted within 3 months prior to the intended journey, except for holders of a multi-entry visa with a minimum validity of 6 months, who can do it at any time before its expiration. In all cases applications are to be submitted at least 15 days in advance of the intended journey.
- Applications will not be admitted to processing in the following cases:
- Failure to comply with the 3-month term
- Application form different from the official one of the Embassy of Spain,
- Passport or travel document not valid at least up to 3 months after your departure.
- Photograph which does not meet established conditions.
- Non-payment of visa fee –except for cases of exemption.
- Visa fee (except for cases of exemption) must be paid once application has been admitted to processing. It will only be reimbursed if the application is later considered not admittable or when the Embassy is not competent for processing your application.
- Applicants have the RIGHT TO SUBMIT ANY OTHER DOCUMENT that you consider relevant in support of your application.The Embassy may request the submission of any other additional document deemed necessary or your presence for a personal interview.
- Visa dossiers must include original documents –which will be returned to the visa applicants once the procedure is finished - and a good-quality copy of each document.The documents must be presented in order, following the document checklist for each kind of visa. If it is impossible to include original documents in the dossier, these can be replaced by their certified true copies, duly legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam. As an exception, documents directly addressed to the Embassy or its officers will not be returned, so copies are not required –eg: letters of recommendation or in support of the application when addressed to the Embassy rather than to the applicant, etc. Should you fail to submit a copy of any of the originals you will be deemed relinquishing your right to be returned its original to the Embassy. Documents in languages other than Spanish or English need to be translated into either Spanish or English. Groups of applicants applying together must submit one copy of every shared document per application.
Dear Applicants, please view the revised visa fee and service charges applicable:
||Visa Fees in Euro + Vietnam Dong (VND)
|Schengen Visa (A, C): Short- stay
|Schengen Visa (A, C) children 6-12 years minus one day
|Schengen Visa (A, C) children under 6-year- old
||Free (also exempt from BLS service charge)
||25000 VND with HCMC & Hanoi locally.
||50000 VND for 52 provinces in Vietnam
||2000 VND per page
||6000 VND (4 copies)
||An automated message to the applicant's mobile phone at various stages of the visa application process
||6000 VND per application
The above mentioned Visa Fees are to be paid only in cash.
Note: Exemption of Visa Fee for a child is applicable only in the case of Short Term category, if the child's age is less than 6 years at the date of submission.
The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice'
BLS International Service charge
There is a service charge of VND 413000 (inclusive of VAT) applicable per application over and above the Visa Fees for all applications.
- The applicable Visa Fee in Vietnamese dong is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The fee is non-refundable
Requirements for a short stay – Tourism / Family Visa
Maximum of 90 days per semester (90 days in 6 months)
A visa enables aliens, subject to visa requirements, to present themselves at the external border of the country which issued the visa or that of another Schengen country and request, depending on the type of visa, to be allowed to enter the country. Mere possession of a visa does not entitle automatic right of entry. The holders of visa are requested to present proof that they fulfill the entry conditions, as provided for in Art.5 of the Schengen Borders Code.
- Visa application form. Kindly fill out every gap in BLOCK LETTERS. DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN IT. For minors or disabled applicants, the form should be signed by the applicant’s parent or legal tutor.
- A recent passport-size white-backgrounded full-face colour PICTURE, with your full name written on its back. You can stick it –KINDLY DO NOT STAPLE- to the form.
- Applicant’s passport, valid at least up to 3 months after your departure from the Schengen area or, in case of multi-entry visa, after the last scheduled departure. It must contain at least 2 blank pages and have been issued within the last 10 years. An A4 photocopy of all the passport’s pages containing information (visas, stamps, etc.) must be provided.
- Applicant’s CV form provided by the Embassy. NOT APPLICABLE TO HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC PASSPORTS NOR TO MINORS UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE.
- ONLY FOR MINORS OR DISABLED PEOPLE NOT TRAVELLING WITH THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL REPRESENTANT: authorization of BOTH parents or legal representant, together with birth certificates of the minors and passports or ID Cards of the parents or legal representants. The authorization and birth certificates must be duly legalized by the corresponding Ministry of Foreign Affairs and later on, by the Spanish Embassy in the place of issuance of the documents and accompanied with the corresponding translations into Spanish or English. These translations must also be duly legalized.
- ONLY FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS IN VIETNAM: resident permit –or equivalent document.
- Applicants invited by a particular are to submit either an original official letter of invitation issued by the Police authorities in the host’s district -kindly see ORDEN PRE/1283/2007, of 10 de mayo, BOE of 11-05-07, which establishes terms and requisites for issuing letters by particulars inviting foreigners into the national territory on touristic or private purposes- or a notarized letter of invitation. Private letters of invitation shall be admitted as an exception only. The letter of invitation is a proof of accomodation only, therefore in no case it makes up for any of the other entry requirements. Evidences of previous correspondence or phone contacts with the host may help your application to be successful.
- Authorization of leave (for applicants who work for others or who are students)
- Documents proving social and economic roots in Vietnam
- Proof of real estate ownership (if any)
- Saving book (original + simple photocopy), if any
- For self-employers and company’s propietors: articles of association of his/her private company and/or proof of his/hers shareholding
- For employees:
- Contract of employment
- Detailed pay-slips of the last 3 months
- Applicant’s bank statements of the salary account of the last 3 months (internet-printed bank statements are not accepted).
- In case of multiple destinations, a detailed and well-organized itinerary shall also be submitted. It shall specify flights, length, purpose and accomodation for each and every destination.
- Return flight certified BOOKING –NO TICKET.
- Travel insurance –NOT APPLICABLE TO HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC, OFFICIAL OR SERVICE PASSPORTS. The insurance must meet the following requirements: minimum coverage of 30.000 €, valid for all Schengen Member States, coverage period matching the full stay within the Schengen area, that is from the date of entry into any of those states to that of departure for a third state out of the Schengen area, both included. Eg: departure from Vietnam on 11-10-10 arriving in Frankfurt next day, return flight Frankfurt-Bangkok-Hanoi on 20-10-10: insurance must be valid from-10-10 to 20-10-10. Those applying for a multi-entry visa must submit and insurance policy valid for the first journey only –see paragraph 2 on the application form’s last page. The insurance must cover expenses for repatriation due to medical emergency and death, emergency medical assistance and hospitalization during the stay or stays within the Schengen area.
- Those who are to stay in hotels or any other public lodging must submit written confirmation for each and every booking –invoices pre-payment certifications or confirmed bookings.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre..
Visa applications take up to 15 days to process.
Some applications may require further processing, which could take from 30-60 days.
Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Visa Officer may invite you for an interview or request further documentation or information, which can prolong the processing time.
CV Form for Single
CV Form for Group
Visa Application Form (English Language)
Visa Application Form (Spanish Language)
To download the Forms:
Click on the form link;
When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
Select Save Target As from the list
Save the form on your computer.
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.